Group Sales Associate/ Field Trip Reservationist
Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone or email. Identify guest reservation needs and determine appropriate field trip for groups. Input reservations into a primary calendar, ensure time slots are accurate in coordination with programs and education staff, and inform aquarium personnel of incoming groups within 24-48 hours of their visit. Process payments from groups on day of arrival, provide groups with orientation, and assist the groups with interpretation of aquarium tanks. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; treat guests with respect and professionalism. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with aquarium staff; support and assist team to reach common goals.
BEFORE GROUPS’ ARRIVAL
- Coordinate field trip reservations based on type of group:
(school, scouts/troops, adult, special education, senior, corporation, etc.)
- Provide clients with information about their field trip including:
Length of trip
Acceptable forms of payment
Documents needed to book a trip
Any other aquarium related questions
DAY OF FIELD TRIP
- Clean and set up theater, including presentation technology
- Greet groups and provide orientation
- Process payment
- Field questions and interpret tanks
- Answer telephones and emails
- Assist admissions with discount information for walk-in groups
- Assist with touch tank coverage when needed
- Provide support for education team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service, organizational, and/or cashier experience
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office applications
- Background working with youth Pre-K – 12
- Ability to work overtime and under high pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team
Director of Education
The Director of Education reports directly to the Executive Director. The Director of Education is responsible for the activity of the entire education department at Via Aquarium. This position includes, but is not limited to, the development, implementation, and coordination of a wide range of education programming relevant to all demographics. When applying, please include “Director of Education” in the subject line.
- Degree in Education or Marine Biology preferred.
- Experience in public programming.
- Experience with informal education.
- Management experience.
Intern – Marketing & PR Department
The Marketing & PR Department at ViaPort is responsible for creating all marketing, advertising, public relations initiatives for Via Aquarium, Via Entertainment and ViaPort Rotterdam Mall.
Our office is looking for an intern who will learn and work under the supervision of the Marketing & PR Director. The intern will assist and support the marketing and public relations department with a variety of social media, marketing, and public relations initiatives.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Social Media Focus:
- Assist with social media engagement by helping manage social channels.
- Draft editorial content for social media and marketing purposes.
- Monitoring Social Media analytics and creating reports.
- Respond to visitor feedback on social media channels.
- Help brainstorm ideas for marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Assist in gathering data for marketing reports.
- Assist with brand awareness at community events.
- Draft press releases, fact sheets, etc.
- Monitoring media coverage
To be considered for this internship you must:
- Major in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, or business.
- Have reliable transportation to and from ViaPort.
This internship is unpaid. College credit only. There is a weekly minimum hour’s requirement of 10 hours for college students. Flexible schedules are available. Before you begin your internship documentation from your school will be required stating how many credits you will receive, and how many hours you are required to work per week. Interns who successfully complete the internship will be provided with a written reference upon request.
Touch Tank Educator
Via Aquarium is looking for talented individuals to serve as touch tank educators. This position will provide the overall supervision of our touch tanks during regular operating hours. This position will also engage with guests to provide them with factual information regarding our aquatic life. This position will also be responsible for interacting with guests at various exhibits to improve overall visitor satisfaction. When applying, please include “Touch Tank Educator” in the subject line.
Guest Services Associate
Our guest services associates are often the first people to greet our guests and the last to say good-bye as they leave. We are looking for applicants with experience in customer service and have a strong aptitude for working with people. Dependability and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a MUST. When applying, please include “Guest Services Associate” in the subject line. Resumes for this position should be sent to Tom@ViaAquarium.com.
- Providing guest friendly service to visitors and cultivating a happy and friendly work environment.
- Working in admissions to sell daily tickets and annual passes.
- Managing lines appropriately.
- Operating our photo booth and selling guest photos.
- Validating online tickets.
- Working in the gift shop at the payment register.