Planning Your Field Trip
Let Via Aquarium serve as an extension of your classroom with world class exhibits and NGSS standards-based educational opportunities.
Before you visit:
Please contact: Izzy Defino (Excursion Agent) at Education@ViaAquariumNY.com OR fill out an inquiry form. You will receive confirmation of scheduling. Please allow two weeks’ notice for your visit!
Review the our School Group Behavioral Contract with your students and chaperones prior to your visit to Via Aquarium.
We can provide a Bill of Sale/Invoice ahead of time for those that require it.
You must cancel your reservation more than 14 days in advance of your scheduled visit to be rescheduled if possible. In the event that your field trip is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen school closure or delay we will make every attempt to reschedule your field trip.
Complete payment must be made at the ticketing office when you arrive. Cash, school check or major credit cards payments are welcome. Make checks payable to Via Aquarium.
- Grades 1-12, Public or Private/Parochial – $8 + tax for all (students and chaperones)
- If you are tax exempt: please provide a form upon arrival or via email to Izzy
- Group minimum is 15, and we can host approx. 125 students at any given time
- Please have one single payment; cash, check or credit card. Please not individually.
- TEACHERS ARE ALWAYS FREE! (with staff ID)
During Your Visit:
Arrival Time. Groups must arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled entry time for check-in and payment. A Group Specialist will meet your group for a brief orientation. Groups arriving late may be required to reschedule. Late arrival may result in the cancellation of education programs. Please note that Via Aquarium operates on Eastern Time.
- Meet group coordinator by Group Entrance
- Welcome/Orientation/drop off coats in Educational Theater
- At this time, all field trips are self-guided. Student Activity Sheets available upon request
- Explore Via Aquarium! (1-1.5 hours)
- Lunch accommodations can be arranged by: Social House at Via Entertainment, mall food court, or your own bagged lunches. Standard fare or School packages.
- For reservations: (518) 579-6008
One teacher or chaperone is required for every 5 students in grades preK-2. One teacher or chaperone is required for every 10 students in grades 3-12. Required chaperones are admitted to Via Aquarium free of charge and must accompany students at all times.
- Please remain with your group throughout the visit
- Review our Behavior Contract prior to your visit
- Please keep your chaperone badge visible
Additional adults may purchase tickets individually upon arrival or the additional cost may be added to the group payment. To receive the group rate, additional adults must provide the group’s confirmation number when reserving tickets. Via Aquarium tickets are subject to availability so we recommend that additional adults make reservations as soon as possible.
2016-2017 School Year Admission Fees
$8 for adults | $8 for students in pre-K to 12th grade
To qualify for School Group prices and programs, the group must be from a public, private or home school and consist of at least 15 students from grades pre-K – 12. Reservations will be accepted up to 14 days prior to your visit.